These TLP terms of business explains the basis under which We will supply Our Services to You.
For Your benefit and protection please read these terms carefully and ask for clarification in writing if You do not understand anything.
These terms of business are made and agreed between the following parties: –
The Landlord’s Pension Ltd, (registered number 12775174), of 42 Lytton Road, Barnet, EN5 5BY (known as your Family Investment Company Administrators) referred to herein as (“We, Us, Our, Firm”)
You – “The Client” (or Clients)
A) What we will do for You – Agreed Services
1. You appoint Us for the purpose(s) of establishing a Family Investment Company;
- Completion of a Fact Find to establish your individual circumstances, needs and objectives in relation to a Family Investment Company;
- Undertaking research and the presentation of this to You in consideration of Your new Family Investment Company;
- Arranging a Family Investment Company for You including:
- Establishment and registration of a Family Investment Company
- Registration of the Family Investment Company with HMRC
- Intercompany share allocation administration
- Creation of the Bare Trusts for the Family Investment Company
- Association of the Family Investment Company with your trading company
• Annual Family Investment Company compliance reporting to HMRC;
• Annual Family Investment Company investment reviews for you;
• New contributions and investment assistance;
• Family Investment Company administration services
B) What We charge You for the Services – Costs and Charges
1. You agree to pay the following fees (The Fees) to Us for the Agreed Services described in section A.
• The base cost for HMRC compliance reporting, administration and investment services is a fixed monthly, recurring fee of £499.00 plus VAT chargeable monthly in arrears for 12 months from the date of registration of the Family Investment Company. From month 13 a fixed monthly, recurring fee of £159.00 plus VAT chargeable monthly in arrears.
Bespoke fees apply for investment transactions and details are provided at the time of making investment decisions.
2. The Fee(s) will become payable by You at the following dates:
- The date of registration of the Family Investment Company as noted on Companies House Register.
You are liable for The Fees. Payment may be made by your new Family Investment Company, your trading company or you personally and should be made by bank transfer payable to The Landlord’s Pension Ltd.
- The contract is for a minimum of 12 months. The total Annual Fee is still payable by you in all circumstances including if you choose to close and Wind Up the Family Investment Company before funds are transferred or if the Family Investment Company remains dormant.
3. We do not accept cash or cheque payments for payment for our Fees and costs described above.
4. If you pay our Fees late, we may charge you interest at a rate of 4.00% per annum above the Bank of England’s Base Rate from time to time accruing on a daily basis from the due date until payment is received. We will also charge a handling fee of £50.00 and shall seek to recover all our costs (including legal costs) allowable by the Courts if an award is made in our favour, in recovering any amounts due to us.
5. You accept responsibility to pay our Fees and any other agreed costs or charges and agree to reimburse us for all reasonable losses, costs, or other liabilities incurred by us which result from any willful or negligent breach by you of your obligations in these terms.
6. These terms will come into effect from the date you sign this terms of business.
7. You hereby authorise your SSAS Corporate Trustee, once appointed, to settle all undisputed fee invoices from The Landlord’s Pension from your SSAS account when received without the further need for written consent, subject to a minimum of 14 days having lapsed from the date of the invoice.
C) What information do we hold about you and what do we do with it?
1. The EU General Data Protection Regulation, which applies from 25th May 2018, gives people more control over how their personal data is used. The Regulation sets out your rights as an individual regarding how your personal data is collected, used and stored, including your rights to have data corrected or removed.
2. We take the privacy and security of your personal information very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
3. Our company GDPR (2018) policy can be found in full at www.thelandlordspension.co.uk/privacy-policy/
4. This notice sets out the purpose for which personal data that The Landlord’s Pension collects from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. This applies whether your personal data was obtained directly by us or provided to us from other sources. Please read it carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By signing this terms of business you agree that you have read, understood and accept the information in the notice.
D) Other important terms1. As part of our anti-money laundering regulatory requirements, we are required to verify your identity and retain your records both during and after the provision of our Services to you.
2. We may transfer all rights and obligations under these terms in circumstances where your rights under these terms are not materially affected.
3. These terms supersede all previous written terms between us in respect of the agreed Services and may not be modified except in writing and signed by both parties.
4. If any provision of these terms is held by any court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable in whole or in part these terms shall continue to be valid as to the other provisions and the remainder of the affected provision.
5. Third party rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 are excluded.
6. These terms shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the Laws of England and Wales and each party hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
7. Any notice required by these terms, must be given by hand or sent by prepaid post to the registered office address of the relevant party. Any notice given by post, which is not returned to the sender as undelivered, shall be deemed to have been given on the third working day after the notice was posted. Proof that the envelope containing it was properly addressed, posted and that it has not been returned to sender, shall be enough evidence that such notice has been duly given.
8. Cancellation agreement:
You may cancel Our supply of Services at any time subject to the following clauses 8a-8e inclusive:
a) Your cancellation of Our supply of Services must be in writing and receipt of Your cancellation must be acknowledged by Us. You must send your cancellation to: The Company Director, The Landlord’s Pension Limited, Trident House, Trident Business Park, Didcot, OX11 7HJ.
b) Your cancellation of Our supply of Services is subject to the following charges:
c) If you cancel Our supply of Services in the seven days immediately following You signing these Terms of Business no fee is due by You to Us.
d) If You cancel Our Supply of Services between the beginning of the eighth day after signing these Terms of Business or any day thereafter until the day immediately before Your Trust Fund is registered with Companies House a fee equal to 50% of Our first year’s annual Fee is payable to Us immediately.
e) Upon the date and any day thereafter Your Family Investment Company is registered with Companies House, 100% of Our first year’s annual fee is payable immediately by You to Us.
By reading and acknowledging these terms by confirming below, you agree to us all the terms and conditions within these terms of business.
If you do not understand any point please ask for further information before signing. Please retain a copy of these terms provided to you for your records.