Terms of Business

The Landlord’s Pension is an expert in this niche sector of financial planning and have been helping clients to invest in property since 2004.

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and HMRC regulation of Pensions and Investments
John Charles Property Investments Ltd trading as The Landlord’s Pension is regulated by HMRC to administer pension schemes (ref number A0140182). The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates most financial services investments. The investments we market are limited to land, property, crowd funding opportunities, loan notes and SSAS pensions. These investments are not specified or designated by the FCA as controlled investments. The Landlord’s Pension is not regulated by the FCA and is not authorised to give financial advice under the FSMA 2000. We will introduce clients requiring regulated advice to a firm regulated by the FCA.
What products do we offer?
We offer SSAS pensions, land, property, crowd funding and loan note investments.
Which service will we provide you with?
You will not receive advice or a recommendation from us, nor will you receive a value judgment comment. We may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on. You will then be responsible for making your own choice about whether to proceed.
What will you have to pay us for this service?
We may be paid a fee by the investment providers for introducing you as a client to them. For bespoke work we may charge a fee. The fee will be agreed with you in advance and is subject to VAT.
What to do if you have a complaint
If you wish to register a complaint, please write to us at: The Company Director, John Charles Property Investments Ltd, Trident House, Trident Business Park, Didcot, Ox11 7HJ or call us on 01235 426666.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2018)
The personal data you provide will be used and stored in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (2018). The Landlord’s Pension upholds individual’s rights to make Subject Access Requests, amendments to personal data, and to request erasure of personal data held, (subject to conditions specified within our privacy statement). Requests should be made in writing, to John Charles Property Investments. The Landlord’s Pension privacy statement is available on request. Please contact us on 01235426666 to request a copy.
Acting in your interest
If any material interest or conflict of interest should arise in business that we are arranging for you, we will let you know and ask for your consent before we carry out your instructions.
Client money
We do not handle Client Money. We never handle cash and will not accept a cheque made out to us (unless it is a cheque in settlement of monies owed to us).
Governing Law
This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. In relation to any dispute, the client irrevocably agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Regulated financial products incidental to our land and property sales
To invest in the products that we market you can purchase them using cash or a Self Invested Personal Pension (SIPP). We do not market, recommend or advise upon SIPPs. If you choose to invest in a product then we will introduce you to an IFA to advise you on the suitability of a SIPP within the context of your financial planning.